Dr. Amara Balakrishnan
Dr. Amara Balakrishnan has over 30 years of experience as a board-certified Pediatrician. Her practice includes all aspects of a child's health from birth to young adulthood. Dr. Balakrishnan has a special interest in neonatology, dermatology and adolescent medicine.
Dr. Balakrishnan graduated from one of the oldest universities in India . the University of Madras. Her pediatric residency training was completed at the Valley Medical Center of Fresno, affiliated with the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF). As her optional rotation, she trained in dermatology at Stanford University.
Dr. Balakrishnan started her practice in 1978 in San Jose. She has been in practice since then. She has held various responsible positions, selected by her peers, at the Alexian Brother's Hospital and the Regional Medical Center of San Jose, CA.
About Dr. Balakrishnan's Professional Experience
1978 - Present:
Pediatrician and President
Amaravathi Balakrishnan MD, Inc.
San Jose, CA 95016
Regional Medical Center, San Jose
- O'Connor hospital, San Jose
- El Camino Hospital
Community and Other Services
- Chief of Staff, Regional Medical Center, San Jose 2008-2009
- Chief of Pediatrics, Regional Medical Center (RMCSJ), San Jose
- Member, Medical Executive Committee, RMCSJ
- Chair, Women and Children Services at RMCSJ
- Chair, Pharmacy Committee at Alexian Brother's Hospital, San Jose
- Member, Utilization and Medical Records Committee, RMCSJ
- Pediatric Consultant (Volunteer). District Health Clinic, Slonaker School, Alum Rock School District
- Board Member, American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Board Member, RMCSJ
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics, since 1981
- Delegate, California Medical Association
- Member, Santa Clara County, Medical Society
- Life Member, American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin